19 July 2006

цветы in Bath Beach

Wednesday:
Bath Beach


Distance: 7.39 miles
Time: 1:00
Pace: 8:07
Temp: 77
Dewpoint: 67
Weather: mostly sunny

click on image for interactive map



Unique Miles Today: 6.62
Total Unique Miles:
136.92
Percent of Brooklyn Run:
7.86

Route: I started at 86th St. and 20th Avenue and ran south on 20th to Shore Parkway, turned right and went to 19th Ave, then basically went back and forth filling in all the streets within the area bordered by 86th, Bay Parkway, Cropsey Ave, and 19th Ave. I also ran all the shorter streets bordered by Cropsey, Shore Parkway, 19th Ave, and 21st Ave.

Notes: While looking at my "big map" I noticed that the only neighborhood in the southern portion of Brooklyn (the part of the borough on the bottom half of the map) I had yet to duck into for at least a few blocks was Bath Beach. Naturally, I decided to head down there for today's run. The area I covered (roughly the eastern half of the neighborhood) wasn't as homogeneous as some of the other places I've visited lately, with an interesting mix of apartment buildings, attached and unattached houses, and small businesses. The water of Gravesend Bay was tantalizing close but on the other side of the Belt Parkway, and there didn't seem to be any direct access from the relatively small area I was in. Otherwise, a perfectly fine run that was neither terribly exciting or achingly dull. Not much to write home about, in other words, but I'd imagine there are going to be quite a few days like this as I move forward.

In other news, I leave tomorrow morning for Augusta, Georgia to visit my folks for a few days. Given how much I've run in the last two and a half weeks I think I might take these four days off and give myself a little rest. I'm not sure if I'll post anything during that time, but as soon as I get back to Brooklyn and resume running, I'll be back here as well.

Here are a few pictures from this morning:


Flowers for sale


Doors on Bath Avenue


On 21st Avenue


In a residential window


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home