13 July 2006

Today, the Jerry Building

Thursday 7/13: East Flatbush, Canarsie, Flatlands

Distance: 7.45 miles
Time: 1:00
Pace: 8:03
Temp: 75
Dewpoint: 73
Weather: muggy with showers

Click on image for interactive map


Unique Miles Today: 7.20
Total Unique Miles:
102.98
Percent of Brooklyn Run:
5.91

Route: I started at Nostrand and Newkirk, heading east on Newkirk to New York, south to Foster, east to Utica, south to Glenwood, then east again. I followed Glenwood as it turned into Farragut, then took Farragut down to Rockaway Parkway, before making a right on Rockaway and heading down to Avenue J. I headed back west on Avenue J, which turned into Paerdegat 1st St, then turned right on Paerdegat Avenue up to Flatlands. I went west on Flatlands to Avenue M, then over on Avenue M to 32 St, and lastly north to Avenue I and west across Nostrand to 29th St. There were two dead end streets: Rose and 29th.

Notes: Well, today I hit a milestone of sorts: I surpassed the 100 unique mile mark, for whatever that's worth. Which probably isn't much, since one glance at my map (the one where I draw my routes with a highlighter so I can easily see where I've run without the computer -- low-tech, I know, but quite effective) reveals how much I have left to do. Otherwise, I'm getting pretty tired of this humidity. What's worse, I feel awfully self-conscious riding home on the train, stinking and soaking wet while most of the folks are clean and dry and heading off to work. The forecast calls for warmer temps but decreased humidity for tomorrow, and I suppose that's a tradeoff I'd be willing to take. Anyway, today's run was a typical mix of residential and commercial areas, some a bit more run down than others. Of course, there was plenty to take pictures of, so here's today's sampling:


The Jerry Building on Rockaway Parkway in Canarsie


A dance studio on Flatlands Avenue


Garage on Avenue J


On Nostrand Avenue



2 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger S Shield said...

great photos. looking forward to seeing all the other 1599 miles...

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Renee said...

Holy crap -- what a great idea.
Thanks for posting it all -- looking forward to the rest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home