23 August 2006

Some Days are Better than Others

Wednesday 8/23: Coney Island, Brighton Beach, & Sheepshead Bay

Distance:
10.04 miles
Time: 1:20
Pace: 7:58
Temp: 72
Dewpoint: 60
Weather: sunny

click on image for interactive map


Unique Miles Today: 8.00
Total Unique Miles:
293.67
Percent of Brooklyn Run:
16.85

Route: I started at 8th Street and Surf Avenue, went north on 8th, east on Sheepshead Bay to 6th, up a block to Neptune, west to Shell, north up to West, east to Ocean Parkway, south to Ocean View Avenue, south on Brighton 7th and back up on Brighton 8th, over to Coney Island Avenue and then back and forth on the four short Brighton 10th streets (Lane, Terrace, Path, & Court), up 12th Street to Sheepshead Bay Road (with loops around William and Gilmore Courts & Desmond and Doone Courts), down Sheepshead Bay to Avenue Z and east a block to 14th. I took 14th north to Avenue R, went east to 16th (with the dead-end part of 15th in between) south to Moore, east to 17th, north to Avenue P, west to 12th, south to Avenue X, back north on 12th (yes, again) to Avenue S, west to McDonald and north to Colin.

Notes: Today's run was pretty lackluster, on every level. I was experiencing some pain in my feet still, but I've also had some trouble sleeping of late and just generally felt sluggish and rundown. The run I'd planned was almost all residential, and with all due respect to the fine people that live along today's route, it was just kind of boring and had limited sights to pique my photographic interest. Furthermore, I apparently planned poorly, and ended up re-running a mile and a half of road I'd already covered. Oops.

I guess I'll take tomorrow off, and hope for better days on Friday. I'll probably top 300 unique miles during that run (hard to believe, isn't it?), so at least I'll have that (admittedly minor) milestone to look forward to.

Until then, some pictures:


8th Street


West Avenue


Mural off of 12th Street


The pedestrian-only alley Margaret Court


Under the entrance to the Kings Highway F platform

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home