17 September 2006

What, 456 Miles Already?

Sunday 9/17: East Flatbush, Marine Park

Distance:
10.38 miles
Time: 1:20
Pace: 7:42
Temp: 64
Dewpoint: 54
Weather: sunny

click on image for interactive map


Unique Miles Today: 9.72
Total Unique Miles:
436.56
Percent of Brooklyn Run:
25.06

Route: Today I started at the corner of Flatbush Avenue and Aurelia, went west a block to E. 32nd, south to Avenue I, east back to Flatbush then back just a little to New York Avenue, south to Kings Highway, west to Avenue N, east to where it runs into Flatlands Avenue then continuing east on Flatlands to Hendrickson, south to Avenue V, east a block to Flatbush Avenue, south a block to Hendrickson Place, north back to Avenue V, west to Coleman, north to Flatlands, west to Lotts then down to Kimball, doubling back to Flatlands then south on Kimball to Avenue V, west to Ryder, north back to Flatlands, west to E. 38th, south to Avenue V, east to Flatbush, north to Avenue U, west down to E. 37th and north to Flatlands Avenue again. I finished up by heading north on E. 36th to Avenue I.

Notes: Yeah, this feels pretty good -- I had a pretty straightforward run with a lot of unique miles and went over the "25% of Brooklyn Run" mark. A quarter of the way there. It's kind of like finishing your freshman year of college -- you feel like you've really accomplished something, and that you certainly know your way around campus and everything and how things are done, but you're also keenly aware of how much farther there is to go.

As promised, I'll be taking the next week off from running. I'll also be taking time off from regular blogging, though I'll probably post at least once, with what I'm imagining will be something of a progress report and my reflections on the first quarter of this project. So check back for that. Mostly, I'm just not going to think about running or neighborhoods or subways or cameras for a few days, and take care of a lot of things that I've been putting off (like getting my NY driver's license, for example) and putting in some serious time with my dissertation.

As for today's run, it was certainly a lot better than Friday's in the rain. In fact, it was kind of summery out, with temps up in the mid-60s by the time I hit the road and bright sunshine.

Okay, I should be enjoying my time off. Here's today's batch of photos. Enjoy, and I'll be back in a week or so.


Side of a dance studio on Hendrickson


St. Thomas Aquinas School, also on Hendrickson


Avenue V


Lotts Lane


At a park at Avenue U and E. 38th Street

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home