30 October 2006

Run-of-the-Mill Running

Monday 10/30, Run #75: Canarsie

Distance: 8.63 miles
Time: 1:05
Pace: 7:32
Temp: 44
Dewpoint: 28
Weather: sunny & breezy

click on image for interactive map

Unique Miles Today: 7.10
Total Unique Miles: 589.47
Percent of Brooklyn Run: 33.83

For the complete route, click here

Notes: After yesterday's unusually enjoyable trek through Sea Gate I suppose it was inevitable that today's run would be more quotidian. And it was, too -- except for the fact that the weather was especially pleasant this morning (it was breezy, but nearly as windy as yesterday), there was nothing much memorable about it. My route took me through an almost entirely residential portion of Canarsie (a neigborhood I've visited numerous times before, and which I'm probably only two runs from finishing up), and thanks to the return to Standard Time, I was able to head out earlier than I've been running lately, meaning the streets were even quieter. I even had a tough time finding interesting things to photograph, and the three pictures below are the best I have to offer today.

I suppose I shouldn't complain too loudly, though, when the worst thing I can say about a run is that it was pretty average and that nothing much happened. In any event, I'm probably going to take tomorrow and Friday off, run Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and then take a rare running holiday on Sunday, so I can watch the real runners -- the marathon course goes right past my building, so I'm quite excited. Without further ado, today's photos:


canarsie theatres
Avenue L

mural, canarsie
87th Street

pharmacy, canarsie
After losing this many letters it's probably time for a new sign (Avenue L)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home